Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tumblr - Tips & Tricks

Welcome to my new obsessions - tumblr! Today I'm here to share the few tricks I've learned in the past month or so about tumblr~


    cr: me
1. Tumblr's Mega-Editor - This awesome feature can be used to edit all your posts at one time, which saves so much time! (I use it for deleting promos that are already finished.) With the mega-editor, you can add tags, delete posts, edit tags, and view your blog overall! 

2. Make your theme pretty! Make sure your theme goes with your blog - I'm a k-fashion blog, so I found a cute theme. Most people like having simple themes - don't do something really busy because that takes away from your blog! Keep it simple and cute! Adding nice animations is also cool (I have a raindrop animation - http://html-and-etc.tumblr.com/post/38594448278) Keep an eye out for my upcoming post for nice theme blogs you can get codes from! In the meantime, just Google! 


3. Use your queue! The queue is a super awesome feature on tumblr that lets you schedule posts. Since I have school in the daytime, the queue posts for me! 

4. Use tumblr keyboard shortcuts! 'J' for next post, 'K' for previous post, 'L' to Like, 'N' for notes, 'Shift + R' to reblog, 'Shift + E' to queue, and 'Space' to start playing a video. 
5. To view post times, hover over the upper right hand corner of posts. To get a direct permalink to the original post, click the upper right hand corner. 


Common Problem (and Solution):
  • My HTML window keeps scrolling up automatically! What do I do? 
    • Make sure you're zoomed to 100%. For Chrome, do 'Ctrl + 0' to go to default zoom. 

Keep a look-out for more tumblr posts soon! And feel free to follow me @ bubbleteahoney






No comments:

Post a Comment