Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY Beauty: Fruits

If you don't already know, I'm a little bit of a skin fanatic. I have a complex about my skin acne. You can look at this post for tips on how to decrease acne. This post, I'm here to talk about more at-home options for skin-care and beauty. Specifically, the wonderful fruits (or vegetables) that you can use - and they might even be in your kitchen already! Let's get started!
  1. Avocado - One of my favorite foods to eat (yum!), Beautylish swears that avocados help to hydrate your skin. Just mash a couple ripe avocados (1-2), add a tablespoon of honey and apply to your face.  Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse. You can also use avocados for your hair - combine 1 or 2 ripe avocados, add a tablespoon of honey, and 1 egg (or 2 tablespoons of olive oil). Leave on for 20-30 minutes and rinse. 
  2. Bananas - Apply a slice of banana (rub on) to an acne spot, and in a few weeks, you should start seeing results! Other uses include puffy eyes, dry hands, and your face. Just apply and enjoy! 
  3. Red Grapes - A reoccurring fruit on many, many different articles about Skin-Clearing Fruits, red grapes are both delicious and great for your skin! To make a face mask, try mixing red grapes and white flour to form a paste. Apply to your face, leave on for about 10-15 minutes, and then rinse off. 
  4. Tomatoes DIY Secrets has a brilliant tomato mask that you can use for your face. I myself have "Yes to Tomatoes" Acne Face Wash, so there has to be something about tomatoes, right? 
  5. Lemon - Because of its acid, Lemon is one of the most common fruits (it is a fruit, right?) used to clear skin and give it a glowing look. However, be sure you're careful - you don't want to apply lemon juice to an open wound or cut. 
  6. Papaya - Okay, so I admit. I'm not exactly a huge papaya fan (eating wise). But my dad is obsessed (obsessed) with buying papayas, so when I found out you could make a face mask that was really good for your face out of papaya, I was ecstatic! This article has more on a papaya face mask, along with a couple other fruits. 
  7. Strawberries - Yup, strawberries. Once again, taste good and good for your skin! Yippee! 
  8. Kiwis - Last, but not least, kiwis are a great fruit for your skin. Just mash, apply, and enjoy! 
So that's it for today! Which one are you going to try? Don't forget to check out my other post (link in the first paragraph), which has more face masks that you can try. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment