Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weight-Loss Made Easy - Let's Go!

Ready, set, go! Get ready for the fall season with Jia's simple (original) tips for losing weight. Personally, I've always been rather self-conscious about my weight, but I have gotten a lot better over the past few months, which is good (since I was seriously having some problems). But now I have simple ways to lose weight. Granted, they won't make dramatic differences, but every little thing counts, right? These are painless ways to lose weight (or at least not gain weight).

  1. Download a calorie tracking app. These definitely help. There are a ton of great apps out there. I think the one I used to use (before I realized what I was doing) was Lose It!. If you don't have a device that has apps, then keep a food journal. Keeping track of how many calories you intake really helps you control them. You'll feel guilty about having to add calories, so you don't eat the calories. Tada! But as my word of advice, be careful.
  2. Do curl-ups, jumping jacks, jump rope (etc.) while watching TV. Even if it's just the couple minutes of commercial breaks.
  3. Break bad habits. Don't try to stop altogether - trust me, it doesn't work. But you can try to limit the amount of junk food you eat. Like I'm making a pledge to not eat ice cream every day - maybe only Monday, Wednesday, Friday, etc. Do it bit by bit, and you'll see a difference.
  4. Try to get at least 10 minutes of exercise each day. If you can't spare ten minutes, try doing five. Even one minute of exercise is better than nothing, especially if you do some of those five-minute exercises out there (40 seconds of mountain climbing or burpees, 20 seconds of rest - I've tried it, and it's really exhausting.)
  5. Drink lots of water. It makes you feel more full (eat less), and it's really good for your skin!
  6. Get a fitness partner. Granted, I've never tried this (I'm a very private person). But if you have a really close friend that's also trying to lose weight, keep each other accountable!
  7. Walk around as much as possible. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Do a couple chores and make you and your mom happy! A couple extra steps a day can make a difference!
  8. Don't buy junk food. If you don't have junk food, you won't be able to eat it. Smart, yes?
  9. Eat proper meals at a table. Don't sit in front of the TV and snack (I know, I'm guilty of it, too). If you sit down and eat without distractions, you'll pay attention to what you're eating.
Any other tips or tricks that are helpful? Feel free to comment, email, tweet, or instagram me. (blogjia12 is my username for everything).

No comments:

Post a Comment